Subject: xstreamtodev
To: netbsd-amiga <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Georges Heinesch <ghmlist@ibm.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 03/01/1998 14:41:00
Apparently "xstreamtodev" is a weird hack to install the "miniroot.fs"
to the swap partition during the initial installation. Is there no
other possibility to install "miniroot.fs" (no NetBSD system
installed/running yet)?

The reason why I say that it's kinda weird is, that it doesn't
recognize the correct "swap" partition. I have the JAZ (where I
install NetBSD 1.3) on SCSI ID 5, the harddisk on SCSI ID 6 and a CD
ROM on SCSI ID 2. The "swap" partition is on the JAZ.

When trying to copy "miniroot.fs" to "swap", the CD ROM starts to turn
(only when a CD is inserted). The JAZ doen't react at all. The
command/options are as follows:

xstreamtodev --input=miniroot.fs --rdb-name=swap

Even adding "--device" and/or "--unit" doesn't help. The only way to
get "miniroot.fs" to "swap" is to take the CD out of the CD ROM drive.

Why does xstream trigger the CD ROM drive?

TIA

--
Cu  Georges Heinesch, Luxembourg
    geohei@ibm.net - geohei@geocities.com

... because water just isn't wet enough !