Re: ASDG EB920 ethernet

Bernd Ernesti advised:

> On Mon Feb 16 04:33:00 1998, Alex J Scotti wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >   I have an ASDG EB920 ethernet card (the one with the ROM address) and am
> > trying to get it to work in netbsd.  The ethernet card has a jumper for
> > interrupt 2 or 6.  Unfortunately, my A3000 refuses to boot when the jumper
> > is on 2, so my only option is 6.  Under ADOS, this is no problem - I just
> > use the SANAII driver for interrupt 6 and everything works fine.  However,
> > in netbsd, a man 4 ed doesnt seem to indicate any way of switching
> > interrupts.
> > Which interrupt should the card be in to work with the netbsd?  Currently,
> > if I try to ifconfig ed0, my machine hangs.  Any ideas?
>
> You have to change a 2 to a 6 in the kernel source tree and to compile a
> new kernel. The interrupt is hardcoded into the kernel.

[...]

Its not that easy... this will break the networking code locking, which is
based on interupt priority.

You'll have also to change splnet() to spl6() (instead of spl3()) in
sys/arch/amiga/include/psl.h

And I suspect, that you'll have to change the amiga_ttyspl initialization in
machdep.c from PSL_S|PSL_IPL4 to PSL_S|PSL_IPL6... I seem to recall that there
was some ordering restriction between splnet and spltty.

Regards,
        Ignatios

Regar