Subject: Re: ASDG EB920 ethernet
To: Alex J Scotti <ham@cloud9.net>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/16/1998 05:59:31
On Mon Feb 16 04:33:00 1998, Alex J Scotti wrote:

> Hello,
>   I have an ASDG EB920 ethernet card (the one with the ROM address) and am
> trying to get it to work in netbsd.  The ethernet card has a jumper for
> interrupt 2 or 6.  Unfortunately, my A3000 refuses to boot when the jumper
> is on 2, so my only option is 6.  Under ADOS, this is no problem - I just
> use the SANAII driver for interrupt 6 and everything works fine.  However,
> in netbsd, a man 4 ed doesnt seem to indicate any way of switching interrupts.
> Which interrupt should the card be in to work with the netbsd?  Currently,
> if I try to ifconfig ed0, my machine hangs.  Any ideas?

You have to change a 2 to a 6 in the kernel source tree and to compile a
new kernel. The interrupt is hardcoded into the kernel.

Change in /usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/dev/if_ed.c in line 282 from:
[you have to addjust /usr to where ever you untar the sys tarfiles to]

sc->sc_isr.isr_ipl = 2;

to:

sc->sc_isr.isr_ipl = 6;

Then do this [assuming that you are now in the arch/amiga/dev directory]:

cd ../conf
config GENERIC
cd ../compile/GENERIC
make depend
make
mv /netbsd /onetbsd
cp netbsd /

Now, you can reboot and your ASDG should now work.

Bernd