Subject: Re: nm can't find strcat.o and friends in libkern
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: David W. Talmage <talmage@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/13/1998 15:18:34
In private e-mail, Mr. Souvatzis wrote;
>> >did you rm -rf /sys/arch/{yourarch}/compile/{YOURCONFIGURATIONNAME} before
>> >config'ing?
>>
>> Yes, I did.  I've configured kernels before.  I wonder if I left something
>> out of the new one by mistake?  I think I get the same messages from nm
>> when I compile the generic kernel.  It's weird.
>
>Hm.
>
>In this case, I suggest that you re-install your kernel source tree
>(syssrc.tgz)
>Dont forget to give the --unlink option to tar, to make sure that (e.g.) old
>links are removed before the new file is installed in place.
>
>Something is definitely wrong with your setup, I just dont know what exactly.

I reinstalled the kernel source.  I removed
/sys/arch/amiga/compile/LUVTHANG-NetBSD-1.3.  In /sys/arch/amiga/conf, I
typed 'config LUVTHANG-NetBSD-1.3'.  In
/sys/arch/amiga/compile/LUVTHANG-NetBSD-1.3, I typed 'make links', 'make
depend', and 'make all'.

'make links' terminated with a complaint: swapnetbsd.o: not found

'make all' terminated with nm's complaints about "No such file or
directory" for lots of .o files it should have been able to find in
libkern.

I noticed a lib directory in /sys/arch/amiga/compile/LUVTHANG-NetBSD-1.3.
It has two empty subdirectories, compat and kern.  Is that normal?

Does anyone else have an explanation and a solution to my problem?