Re: A2024 support in Xserver

Eric Delcamp <edelcamp%Pop-Bordeaux-13.easynet.fr@localhost> writes:
> If I use the following .xserverrc :
>
> X -dev /dev/grf0 -width 1280 -height 800 -depth 4 -nozap -emulatemiddle
>
> I get the error :
>
> ioctl VIOCGSIZE: Cannot allocate memory

  This error usually indicates that a display of the requested resolution is
not available (there isn't a provision for the routine that selects the
appropriate display mode to return the reason the request failed, so an
error allways returns ENOMEM).

  You are getting this error because the kernel only supports a depth
of 2 for the A2024.

> If you make a grep -o -i a2024 * in the source tree, you get nothing ;-))

  You must have different sources than I do:  I get 276 lines containing
A2024 or A2024 in usr/src/sys/arch/amiga/dev.

Michael
---
Michael L. Hitch                        mhitch%montana.edu@localhost
Computer Consultant,  Information Technology Center
Montana State University, Bozeman, MT     USA