Subject: Any NetBSD Amiga audio support?
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <tooleym@douglas.bc.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/10/1998 11:14:09
Subject says it all. Is there some simple way of sending an .au or .iff or
.8svx (or what-have-you) to the audio device to be played?

Is there any support for digitizing hardware (the reading from the
/dev/audio half of the duplex)? Does the audio device when read, sample
the parallel port to read the digitizer values there?

I tried to read the man pages and they told me that simply writing to
/dev/audio an .au file would play it off to the speakers.. however,
/dev/audio became the file I copied in there, suggesting to me that the
/dev/audio didn't exist in the first place. However, /dev/audio1,
/dev/audio2, etc do exist--writing to them though gives me a "device busy"
error message.

Anyone? I guess following the audio threads would probably be a good idea
in this case, however I haven't been around for very long. :)

Thanks,

Marc Tooley
tooleym@douglas.bc.ca