Subject: Lock up after loadbsd.
To: NETBSD <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dan Herman <dherman@motown.lmco.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/10/1998 13:26:55
I am installing NETBSD and am having a problem with loadbsd.  When I
execute 'loadbsd -b netbsd' a statement about transferring data to
Fastmem is displayed, the screen clears and the machine locks up.  It
requires a power cycle to reset it.  My machine is an A3000/16 with 8
megs of fast memory.  My disks are as follows:

SCSI ID 0: 52MB Quantum (2 Amigados partitions, ADOS boots off the
first)

SCSI ID 3: 1.08GB Fujitsu -
                 Partition 1 - ADOS (Contains NETBSD Distribution)
                 Partition 2 - ADOS
                 Partition 3 - root
                 Partition 4 - swap
                 Partition 5 - user
                 Partition 6 - local

SCSI ID 4: 80MB Seagate (2 Amigados partitions)

SCSI ID 6: NEC CDROM

All drive partitions were configured as in the installations notes.
The miniroot was transferred to the swap partition with no problems.

I have tried 'loadbsd -I ff -b netbsd' and loadbsd-2.14 with the same
results.

Does anyone have any suggestions??

				Dan Herman
				dherman@motown.lmco.com