Re: Draco port

Eric Delcamp:
> In the hardware page on www.netbsd.org, they forget Zorro buses ;-)
> Ok, that's corrected.

err, what URL are you a talking about exactly?

> But I have a question about the Draco:
> I think this machine have his own bus (should be added on the pages), but
> did it have a Zorro compatible bus ?
> And if you know some Web pages about Zorro bus or Draco bus, you could
> send me the addresses to update netbsd.org

Ok...

the NetBSD/Amiga "zbus" configuration driver uses kind of a virtual Zorro bus,
defined by the device list maintained by the expansion.library.

On real Amiga machines, it contains, (mostly: some vendors are cheating)
AutoConfig (tm) devices on the Zorro (II or III) bus.

On DraCo machines, it contains AutoConfig (tm) devices on the Zorro II bus
and DraCo local bus devices. The DraCo local bus is, as I understand, a
buffered 68040 bus, with some additional logic to feed the expansion.library
list. NetBSD contains currently exactly one driver for such a device (the
Altais == Retina-Z3-on-DraCo), but there is also the DraCoMotion (Video/Audio
grabber/player board, kind of next version of a VLab Motion + Toccata
combination).

Regards,
        Ignatios