Subject: Re: Various things
To: Alessio Cappelli <turbocap@sienanet.it>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 02/08/1998 14:46:59
> 3 - Why, in general, I'm not be able to compile anything, I will explain:
>    I downloaded some GNU software, like gcc, g77, etc, but compilation stops
> because of errors, warnings, etc. PS: I have installed only the NetBSD 1.3
> binaries, and I have the link '/sys ->/usr/include/sys', and I follow Install
> instructions in the vaious install readme docs.
>    For example. I tried to compile  NCSA Mosaic and gcc exited with errors
> because it couldn't find the Xm libraries.

 You do not want to compile your own GCC. NetBSD 1.3 comes with a special
and working (!) distribution of gcc already. The package required to be
able to compile anything is "comp.tgz" and is part of the standard
1.3 distribution set. For X11 sources, you need to have "xcomp.tgz" installed.
Xm is not part of the standard X11 environment, but Motif, which is
a commercial product.

> 4 - Do you think that will be useful recompiling the kernel with 68040 options
> to speedup the system? if yes, how?

 Not much.

--
Markus Illenseer