Re: Books, FAQs, and WWW Links

On 04-Feb-98, Markus Illenseer wrote:
>> Can anyone recomend any good NetBSD books that can be applied to BSD
>> 1.3/amiga?

> Any UNIX book is fine. NetBSD is mainstream.

I have to disagree, any Unix book will not do. I have a few, with more on the
way. I spend some of my weekends working on Linux/i386 boxes and can say that
NetBSD and Linux feel very different. I have books on Linux and Unix, they've
helped me understand a enough to do some things, but each flavor of Unix has
it's little nuances.

>> How about some FAQs, or WWW links?

> Ho about on-board resources? Please read the INSTALL-text, chapter
>"Using online NetBSD documentation".

I've read it, and even have it printed out along with a whole notebook full of
Linux, Unix, BSD related docs, faqs, and man pages.

> Then you can start you Web-Tour on www.netbsd.org for more.
>Another good site is netbsd.duh.org

Been all over the the NetBSD.org site, thanks for the other site. Looks decent
(quick peek). Thanks again...