Need help installing 1.3

Howdy folks, I've been trying tonight to get netbsd 1.3-Amiga going but
haven't got very far. The install guide doesn't mention some things, like what
is a dump partition and what should I use for it and all that. When it asks me
for the root partition I say "sd0*" trying to get it to use the swap partition
where the miniroot is installed. (That's what 1.2.1 did, seems to take in 1.3
too). The very next thing it does is ask for the "dump partition". Uhm, not
even a hint of what that is in the guide. Fiddling around I found out this can
be "none", so I say none. Give it a generic file system as default (no hint in
the guide about this either). So it now goes through and checks my partitions
on sd0, sd0a is root, sd0b is swap, and sd0h is usr. It lets me check out the
partition letter assignments and related data, but when I say done, it goes to
do something with root, gives an error something like "can't create
/tmp/filesystems something something read-only something something." and here
the install script falls out to a '#' shell prompt. So, is there some magical
thing I still need to do that hasn't made it into the guide yet? What is the
dump partition, and what should I tell it? The partitions are set up with
hdtoolbox fine, I've checked that 5 times already. Help! :)

Bill