Subject: Re: Cyberstorm CPU boards and Amigas.
To: Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
From: Ruben van Staveren <ruben@luna.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/23/1998 09:46:33
Hi Darren!

> Looking at the Cyberstorm MKIII, it doesn't say if they're an LC chip or not.
> Does anyone know if it is or isn't ?  (Im not real concerned about the SCSI,
> I'm after a CPU board for the A3000).

A good thing phase5 only sells fully functional CPU's nowadays.
It is a fully fledged 68060, which NetBSD 1.3 supports. There is
a possibility that you will need to recompile the Xserver and clients
with the -m68060 flag to get increased performance

> Also, is there any liklihood of support for running a PPC kernel on systems
> with the new "PowerUP" CPU boards ?

I thought there was some work in progress, but I don't know if someone
is hacking it right now...

> Darren

Ruben

--