Subject: RE: Bootblocks...
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Delcamp <edelcamp@Pop-Bordeaux-50.easynet.fr>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/20/1998 01:13:17
Phil Kernick <philk@rotfl.com.au> writes:
> I have a couple of NetBSD bootblock questions...
>
> 2.  I have an A2632 that needs a specific addmem type command in
> s:user-startup
>     for the memory to be seen.  Since a bootblock started NetBSD doesn't do
> this sort of thing, can I assume that I have to boot via AmigaOS?

Hi,

I have a similar configuration, but I have some problems with memory
configuration.
I have a 16MB module and 2 x 4MB on my A2632. Add to this the initial 4MB
from the A2630 board, and 2MB from an A2091 (forget about the 1MB chip RAM ;-).
That's why I get a memory map with lots of holes !!
If I launch the 2632 utility and then loadbsd, NetBSD only use the biggest
memory segment (16MB). But if I add the reboot switch option to 2632 util,
then Netbsd use all my memory after the reboot.
In all the case, startup messages from Netbsd show all memory segments.
Another problem is the fact that onboard A2630 4MB couldn't be used with
burst mode. How Netbsd cope with this ??
And I think that my A2091 2MB is only used for bounce buffer. Right ?

Thanks.