Subject: How to set up serial communications?
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Job Hanssen <hanssen@plex.nl>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/19/1998 15:55:38
Hi all,   =20

I have NetBSD1.3 up and running on my A4000/060, but now I'm trying to t=
ackle
the next problem... Getting connected to the web.

Problem is that I don't seem to be able to talk to my modem.
- If I have it connected to the Amiga serial port, and do a
        echo > /dev/tty00 "ATZ"
  the Terminal Ready light of my modem flashes up and out again, then th=
command-
  prompt returns.

- If I have it connected to port 0 on the HyperCOM4, and do a
        echo > /dev/ttyC0 "ATZ"
  the Terminal Ready light of my modem goes on and stays on, however, th=
command-
  prompt doesn't return. I have to 'CTRL-C' and then I get my prompt bac=
k. I
then=20
  also get a console message, stating:
        ksh: cannot create /dev/ttyC0: Interrupted system call
  However, it doesn't have to be created, it's already there...

Is this normal behaviour, or am I doing something wrong? Please, any wor=
d to
hint
me into the right direction is welcom.

Job Hanssen - hanssen@plex.nl