Subject: Re: More than 128 MB process data size?
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/19/1998 00:10:44
on 18-Jan-98 Ignatios Souvatzis wrote about "Re: More than 128 MB process data
size?":

> > How do I get the kernel to accept a maximum process data size greater
> > 128 MByte?

> Set the USRSTACK to more the 0x0e000000, by editing
> /sys/arch/amiga/include/vmparam.h,
> then recompile the kernel.

I enclosed the USRSTACK definition in that file in a "#ifndef -
#endif"-bracket and set the value in the kernel config file, thus keeping
track of my changes.

> You might also need to set

> optionsNKMEMCLUSTERS=512

> or even bigger.

Thanks a lot, that worked fine.

I doubled USRSTACK to 0x1c000000, set MAXDSIZ to 256M and NKMEMCLUSTERS to
768.

The max data size limit was then 256 MBytes and I was able to execute xv
"Algorithms" on a 4kx3k image; the xv task was shown by top to be 203 MB.

--
Bernd Sieker