Re: 1.3 + Picasso-II = no console output

It looks like I was on the wrong track with this...

> I have upgraded my NetBSD 1.2 system to 1.3 (release version) and
> now have a problem with the Picasso-II console when going directly
> to multi-user mode (loadbsd -a). I get all the kernel startup
> messages to the point where it would be mounting the filesystems
> and then the console switches to "invisible writing". The cursor
> moves horizontally but no text appears and there are no linefeeds.
> I can still login and run commands but no output is displayed.

 [ snip ]

After further investigation, it turns out that the problem is
something to do with memory usage and not with which method
I use to go multi-user. I have 16MB on the motherboard and
another 16MB on the CyberStorm-II. If I boot without the '-n'
flag then I get the 16MB on the CS-II and everything works
normally. If I specify '-n1' (which worked with 1.2) then I
get 32MB but I also get the 'invisible writing' fault as
detailed above.

I have now re-built the kernel to just include the options I am
using and this has slightly changed the fault symptoms. Now it
gets past mounting the filesystems and is part way through the
various database cleanups and daemon startups before console
output disappears.

Any thoughts?

    George Harvey                  | Amiga A3000T, CyberStorm-II 040,
    email: fr30%dial.pipex.com@localhost     | Picasso-II, MFC-III, Ariadne