Re: problem with kernel compilation (1.3)

Hello,

> I did it, ran "config" and "make depend all" again, but still got errors.
> Only after I've manually removed problematic .o's, and repeated "make all"
> it produced a working kernel.
>
> I guess it isn't supposed to work this way.

Unfortunately, it is.

We have a new option mechanism, but it isn't used yet for all options.
The result is that you still need to rm .o's which depend on old-style
options (those that don't create opt_xxx.h files in the kernel directory)
before recompiling.