Subject: memory bug??
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Karl Mehlhaff <kmehlhaf@crl.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/14/1998 07:54:32
on a a4000 running Netbsd1.2 with a warp40/40 has anyone had trouble
upgrading the memory from 64Mb to 96 or even 128?  As soon as I placed
additional 32Mb 60ns simms into the warp, when loading a kernal I immediatley
get on the console:
pmap_enter_ptpage, cant get kpt page
illegal command
0xbba1e		unlk	a6

thought the memory might be bad, but amigaOS/wb has no problem,
weirder still, when I compile a new kernal and reload, it does not have a
problem, but then the grfmodes I had been using with the picassoII 2mb
prior to the memory upgrade and new kernal install,
grfconfig reports back as bad monitor modes for all modes 1-8 for /dev/grf3??

any ideas/suggestions?

and I thought a memory upgrade was going to be easy........sure, plop in
4 new 32Mb simms and whallah!.........ug!