Subject: problem with fsck under 1.3, can't install
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joern Clausen <joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/13/1998 11:20:11
Hi!

I have problems installing NetBSD-1.3 over my 1.2 installation. When I
boot from the miniroot, and the upgrade script reaches the point where
it fsck's the root-partition, I get a "v" as last output, and then the
machine hangs. The same happens, when I fsck any other filesystems by
hand, e.g. /dev/sd0d, my var-partition.

The system is otherwise stable and running. I was able to compile a new
kernel (after mounting and symlinking the necessary directories), but even
with this stripped down kernel the problem persists.

My configuration: A3000, internal SCSI bus, CS.MkII 060/50, Retina Z3,
Ariadne. NetBSD lives on a Quantum Fireball.

Any information on how to install 1.3 would be nice. Thanks.

--
     Joern Clausen                  email: joern@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE