Subject: Re: 1.3 ipfilter lkm
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 01/12/1998 17:47:24
In article <199801112306.AAA22516@agamemnon.luna.net>,
	Ruben van Staveren <ruben@luna.net> writes:
> You have it working ?

I don't know about him but I have.

> I get multiple defined symbols all the time

You probably have a kernel with full IPFILTER compiled in.

> In case you have got it working I would like to see your kernel config
> options ;)

It's easy. Put a comment before "pseudo-device   ipfilter" in your copy
of the "GENERIC" kernel configuration and recompile the kernel. Then
build and install the module. Now you can add the module to "lkm.conf":

if_ipl.o        -               if_ipl_lkmentry -               -           BEFORENET

The easiest way to the IP filter is of course to use the GENERIC kernel.
It comes with full IP filter support which you only have to active via
"/etc/rc.conf".

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.owl.de/~tron/