Re: bad files? PLUS MORE 1.3 UPGRADE PROBLEMS

I am having great difficulties trying to upgrade to the Amiga 1.3 release.
I wrote the miniroot to my swap (39M, sd1b) and

loadbsd -b netbsd

where netbsd is the 1.3 kernel. It boots up, tells me that it's a generic
1.3 kernel, then asks me for the root filesystem. I type in sd1a (which
also happens to be the default). It then asks me to type in the dump
filesystem. (I assume it means swap, since that's the default  it gives
me.) sd1b I type. This is not in the INSTALL file!

It then proceeds to ask me what type of filesystem (that I'm using? that
the miniroot is? what??!) with the default of generic: I've tried clicking
enter, typing generic, typing ffs, and typing fs, all to no avail. Once I
hit return at the "path to shell or return for sh" nothing happens, except
the bugger returns me to the sh prompt "#"!

No upgrade notices, and upon examination of the directory structure, tere
isn't even an upper-level miniroot with my own filesystem one level lower!
There's nothing!

Argh! Help!

Marc Tooley
P.S. To respond to me NOT via this list, remove the you-know-what from my
from: address, and also remove the dash between doug and las. Sorry about
the hoops, but damned if I'm not receiving shitloads of spam in my
brand-new emailbox!

On 4 Jan 1998, JTGill wrote:

> From: JTGill <jtgill%MIS.Net@localhost>
> Subject: bad files?
> To: port-amiga%netbsd.org@localhost
>
> I'm having grave difficulty upgrading to 1.3, owing to the fact that
> the man.tgz file stops at about 512k, and regardless of what program
> I use, won't dload past that, and the man.ac splitfile does pretty
> much the samething.  I also am having trouble getting the gnu.src.tgz.
> This happens under netBSD1.3alpha, with either the shell ftp command,
> xftp, or AmFTP under AmigaOS, and from any of the servers.
>

> Any ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> JEff

Also, have you been able to download your files yet? Did you get the
upgrade kernel working correctly?