Subject: FPU & -softfloat question
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@acropolis.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/30/1997 09:29:20
        Hi,
        AFAIK, prior to NetBSD 1.3, the gcc included, added the option -softfloat
when compiling with math support, thus making no use of the FPU.
        Since 1.3 ALPHA, fpu support is complete (I think), so should I recompile
all programs compiled with -softfloat, to gain true FP performance?
        Also, I read the INSTALL.X11 file to find any mention of 16 or 24 bit support,
but apart from the grfconfig modes, I found none. I know this has been answered before
or part of it at least, but I would like to know what is the current -and future?-
situation about this matter. Specifically, is 16- or 24-bit support restricted for a
number of gfx cards, not at all available, or fully operational?
        Thanks for any help.

---
Konstantinos Margaritis
Student of Physics, at University of Athens, Greece
email: markos@acropolis.net