Subject: Re: ConneXion Ethernet Board
To: Roland Pons Roerig <Roland.Pons@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/23/1997 21:27:30
> Does the ConneXion work with NetBSD?
> It claims to be A2065-compatible. Is it enough for
> NetBSD? Is there a dedicated driver required?

The hardware manufacturer claimed, when somebody inquired some time ago,
that it should just work, in A2065 compat mode, with NetBSD, and refused
to disclose any further hardware details.

> A well known german Amiga magazine has tested
> this board. They say it is faster and more stable
> than Ariadne. Does this apply under NetBSD too?

I very much doubt that, even for the AmigaOS case. As long as it mimics a
A2065, it should be slower than the Ariadne, AFAIK.

Well, _if_ there are additional hardware features, they are secret,
and so there is no driver for them in NetBSD. Complain to the hardware
manufacturer in this case.

	-is