Subject: Re: netbsd13A installation
To: None <nocarrier@amiganet.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/18/1997 12:50:52
> hello,
>
> I am installing the NETBSD 1.3 Alpha AMIGA-PORT
> I have some problems with the installation script :
>
> 1) Everything goes ok until i need to extract the binary sets :
> when i choose to install from local (D)isk it tells me that it
> cannot mount ADOS "illegal option --r"

> QUESTION 1 : HOW can i modify the script so that it mounts_ados
> normally without that error..? i really want to Extract the files
> using the supplied install script....

We know about this error. We have fixed it in the source tree, and the next
snapshot will be corrected.

Assuming that you know how to use the "vi" editor, you can change this with

export TERM=vt220
vi install

there are 3 lines:

md_native_fsopts() {
        echo "-ro"
}

replace the middle one by
        echo "ro"

> 2) Apparently the script just configured "sd1a" as "root"
>
> QUESTION 2 :  what about the other partitions ?
> do i have to configure them by msyelf ? apparently
> the "disklabel" is inexistant (used to work with 1.1...)
"disklabel" didn't _work_ in 1.1... you could only use it to read the
translated RDB partitiontable. This hasn't changed, and apparently it isn't
used by the install script, so its not there.

[Hm... comments please...  should it be in there, and give you a
listing of the available partitions?]

- assuming you read the INSTALL document and followed instructions, you have
prepared them already using HDTOOLBOX or a similar tool.

At that point, the install script asks you which partitions to use
additionally to "sd1a" and where to mount them.

Regards,
	Ignatios