Subject: Re: Fundamentals
From: Konstantinos Margaritis <markos@acropolis.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 11/12/1997 02:13:16
Greetings Al
On 11-=CD=EF=E5-97, you wrote:

> My guess is that the installed binaries will not work beacause
> they have been compiled for specific hardware architectures.
> Specifically i386...

you guessed right. Unless netscape compiled it for NetBSD/m68k -not only =
for
Amiga, then we can kiss netscape goodbye...

> Is it possible for me to get some flavor of Netscape to run under
> some form of NetBSD emulation or am I just dazed and confused...

Netscape, no. you can try Mosaic -or mMosaic better as it supports html 3=
=2E2
although not frames- alternatively try Arena, Chimera, or if you are brav=
enough to try to compile it, try Amaya... Most can be found on a sunsite
(sunsite.doc.ic.ac.uk) at /packages/X11-contrib/ somewhere in there...

-- =

Konstantinos Margaritis
Under-graduate student at Physics Dept. of Athens University
e-mail: markos@acropolis.net, talk: root@markos.dyn.ml.org