Running XFreeb86 in mroe than 600x400 res.

I have installed the X Window System binarys from ftp.netbsd.org,
however by default it only runs in 600x400x256. Now, this isnt
very high. I have rtfm, and it says use -X and -Y, however i tried
this, and it just produced a corrupt screen, but at the correct
size. I am using A1200 AGA graphics, and i have run setpatch. It
works fine in PAL-Laced mode, but not in DBLPal, which is what i
normally use. If i start NetBSd w/o X, i can use iteconfig to get
a large res, with no problems. I can think of no reason for this -
any ideas?

Edward John M. Brocklesby
---
SDF Security Manager