Subject: A2000 BBC in _every_ A1200? (Was: Re: Request...)
To: Ruben van Staveren <ruben@luna.net>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/13/1997 11:07:53
> Hi, can anyone compile a current GENERIC kernel with
> the A2000 realtime clock to recognize an 1200 and can make that available
> somewhere ? I currently do not have the diskspace to do it my own :(
>
> Why ? well, every 1200 running NetBSD is expanded and I do not know such
> a thing as a expanded 1200 without a battery backed up realtime clock.

Are you _sure_ thate _every_ 1200 running NetBSD is expanded with a board
that provides the A2000 battery backed clock? (that is, an OKI chip ad 0xdc0000
addressed at one 4bit-register per 680x0 longword?

If not, we'd need a table sort of translating expansion board to bbc type,
if possible (e.g.: P5 boards are recognizable by combining motherboard type
and Autoconfig (tm) information).