Subject: Re: Clock drift?
To: Tim Preston <tim@flibble.org>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@aros.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/14/1997 17:54:50
In message <199707142218.XAA18214@mailhost.flibble.org>, Tim Preston writes:

>A3000s have a jumper to set the Angus into either PAL or NTSC mode. as
>screens it PAL at 50 Hz are noticbaly flickery many people kick PAL
>models into NTSC mode.

Hmm. I think my situation may be the opposite. I've got an NTSC
machine, and I believe it's jumpered to PAL. Maybe I'm just perverse,
but I had an A500 for so long I got used to the flicker and wanted the
extra resolution at the time... :)

>A PAL A3000 should have the following line on boot/in dmesg
>
>clock0 at mainbus0: CIA B system hz 100 hardware hz 709379
>
>If it thinks you have an NTSC model you get
>
>clock0 at mainbus0: CIA B system hz 100 hardware hz 714??? [1]

Looks like mine reports the PAL timings.

  clock0 at mainbus0: system hz 100 hardware hz 709379

>That /might/ be you problem. It only took me about 9 months to work that
>one out, <sigh> =)
>
>If it is you problem then fix that and xntpd will work fine.

I don't have physical access to the machine right now, but I'll
give that a try when I can. Thanks.

:: Mike ::