Subject: Re: gs, recompiling th kernel
To: None <samborg@algonet.se>
From: Bernd Ernesti <netbsd@arresum.inka.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 07/05/1997 10:16:28
On Mon Jun 30 23:05:11 1997, Samuel Borgman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> First I wanna thank those who responded to my Ghostscript problem,
> many suggested that should try 4.03, but it failed on the same thing.
> But as Michael Parson suggested, to get the source and compile it,
> it worked (I've got 5.0), But I am getting stack problems (I belive
> its som kinda overflow), anyone?

What is the exact error?

> Anyway, I am trying to rebuild NetBSD 1.2, but when i trying
> to reboot(using cp netBSD to /dev/reload, if I remember correctly), I
> get an error stating
> cp: /dev/reload: Operation not supported by device
>
> anyone know of this? It's kinda getting on my nerves as it takes
> a while to recompile.

>From a -current src/sys/arch/amiga/amiga/amiga_init.c in kernel_reload_write:

/*
 * kernel_reload() now checks to see if the reload_code
 * is at the same location in the new kernel.
 * If it isn't, it will return and we will return
 * an error.
 */

So you have to copy the new kernel to the amiga side and load it from there
or use gobsd which can load the kernel direct from the bsd partition.

Bernd