Re: NetBSD-CyberstormPPC ???

Hi Markus,

> > Is there a chance to port NetBSD (either NetBSD-Amiga or NetBSD-PPC or a
> > combination of these) to the CyberPPC-Board (Phase5). I heard rumours about
> > this board not supporting interrupts on the PPC-side and thus being
> > incapable
> > of running a real OS on the PPC.
>
>  The real problem is, that NetBSD/PPC currenty _requires_ OpenFirmware,
> thus beeing CHRP-compliant. CyberPPC isnt.

Yes, this would not be the NetBSD/PPC port, but a new one, sharing
only the machine dependent part of the VM system with NetBSD/PPC, and
sharing all device drivers with NetBSD/Amiga.... I don't thing it would
be much work (after setting up a crosscompiling system on NetBSD/Amiga).
The only original work would be a bootloader (which runs as 68k code,
and starts the kernel on the PPC side) and the lowlevel interupt stubs
:-)

The real problem is for somebody who has the knowledge to do the port,
to get a board (well, and maybe the documentation... As I dont have a
board, and cant afford one, I didnt try to ask Phase5=). All I have
heard is about people who don't have the money for a board, or people
who hardly know how to start a compiler.

Regards,
        Ignatios Souvatzis