Subject: Re: pppd, PAP
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@lyssa.owl.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/30/1997 23:44:36
In article <199706302107.XAA24547@jehova.owl.de>,
	samborg@algonet.se (Samuel Borgman) writes:
>> These options are only useful for hosts *accepting* connections.
> OK, so i should remove them?

That's you decision.

> myppp: - script
> pppd /dev/tty00 57600 connect "chat -f /etc/ppp/login.chat"

Looks good.

> /etc/ppp/login.chat:
> REPORT CONNECT ABORT BUSY ABORT 'NO CARRIER' '' at&h1' OK 'atdt13243443'
> CONNECT ''

I doubt that "chat" likes those apostrophes inside a chat file. Better
leave them out.

> what I wonder is how to use PAP to authenticate instead of sending username
> etc. in my chat script?

You don't have to. "pppd" will do this on its own.

> How do I eneter info correctly into /etc/ppp/pap-secrets? etc.

It must look like this:
account server password

"account" and "password" are - what a surprise - your account and password.
"server" is the name of the authentication domain of the remote server.

--
Matthias Scheler                                http://home.pages.de/~tron/