Re: Installing & Booting NetBSD 1.2 under SVR4

Michael wrote:
>   You can force the machine type with the -c3000 option on the boot command.
>
> NetBSD/Amiga BootBLock loader 0.3 (10.2.96)
> /netbsd -bsASc3000
>
>   Hopefully this will work a little better.

This gets me a lot further.  The SCSI bus is now recognized.  I can get to
the point where it asks about installing root, etc.

My question now is that I'm getting two warnings"

warning found rdb->secspercyl(1530) != rdb->nsectors(81) * rdb->nheads(19)
warning lp->d_sparespercyl (9) not multiple of lp->d_ntracks(19)

It then offers to install on that drive.

My question is:  Do I care about the discrepency?  It would be a really bad
thing if NetBSD ended up scribbling on the rest of my HD due to the warning.

Looking at things, rdb->secspercyl should probably be 1539, with
lp->d_sparespercy (171).  But what do I know?

Thanks for the suggestion.  Things are looking much more promising.

--

  Don Phillips         bsd%blkhole.resun.com%foxtail.com@localhost
  Research Unlimited   or ...!foxtail!blkhole!bsd