Subject: Re: Installing & Booting NetBSD 1.2 under SVR4
To: None <bsd@blkhole.resun.com>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/14/1997 18:49:10
Don Phillips <bsd@blkhole.resun.com> sees this:

   warning found rdb->secspercyl(1530) != rdb->nsectors(81) * rdb->nheads(19)
   warning lp->d_sparespercyl (9) not multiple of lp->d_ntracks(19)

Don, just ignore this.

Your HDTOOLBOX or whatever you used to format, used 9 sectors per cylinder as
replacement spares.. while our code complains, that it isn't a multiple of
1 sector per track.

Maybe somebody should fix this. I always remember that I should do it,
but have more urgent tasks to do first...

NetBSD will work perfectly with your disk. It only addresses the disk
using logical block numbers, which the disk itself translates.

Yes, I have two disks myself, which cause the same warnings.