urgent! help!

   Hi,
   I have just compiled the lib part of 1.2.1, and after a succesfull make
all, I typed make install... which proved fatal.
   As soon as libc was replaced, all programs that used a specific symbol of
libc stoped working... that is *lots* of programs... the message was -if I
remember correctly:

libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol SYS_setreuid in usr/lib/libc.so.12.5 (I may be
wrong about the number)

   The ONLY changes I did to the Makefile of libc was 68060-specific
compilation and -O3 optimizations. Could it be that they proved so fatally
misused?
   I would really, really appreciate a suggestion as to how can I get myself
out of this situation, as this has rendered the unix system inoperative.
   Even better, I would appreciate it if someone sent me a working libc.so
that I can remedy the situation.
   It still beats me as to why should this happen, I think I did everything
normally -except ofcourse the optimization flags.
   I tried to follow the sequence suggested to me by Matthias Scheler, who
said it worked, and I believe him, since it seems totally logical. I must have
done something terribly wrong to have come to this point.
   Anyway, no need to bore you to death... I just need expert help here.

--
Konstantinos Margaritis
Under-graduate student at Physics Dept. of Athens University