Subject: Re: Ghostview and ghostscript
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <mparson@smartdna.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/09/1997 16:19:13
In message <199706092104.QAA25247@fargo.imtdirect.com>, you write:
> Hi,
>
> I've got a problem with Ghostview and ghostscript, I start Ghostview
> in X (X11R6.1) and selact a file(large Postscript 1.4 Mb), it loads
> a while, and then a huge window is brought up, saying
> '/usr/libexec-ld.so: undefined symbol "_SmcSaveYourselfDone" in
> gs:/usr/local/X11R6.1/lib/libXt.so.6.0'.
> Anyone have a clue, or need more info?

This is a known problem

from the X11R6.1-01Oct96.README:

- be carefull when you make your own binary with libXt:
  You need to link it with libSM, libICE and libXext or you get
  'Undefined symbol's'

Basically, you will need to rebuild gs from source and include
the libSM, libICE, and libXext.

It takes a bit of twiddling, but it can be done =)

I'm running Alladin gs4.03 on my NetBSD1.2-Amiga box.

--
Michael Parson
SMART Technologies