Subject: Re: Problem with BindDrivers.. GVP faulty ?
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Ruben van Staveren <ruben@luna.net>
List: port-amiga
Date: 06/09/1997 13:05:42

> > >	- add-on boards and memory you have
> > 2 MB chip, 16 fast. GVP SCSI-controller

A friend of mine has a A4K040 with (EGS) Spectrum, and a GVP SCSI controller
and maybe the same problem...
I think he has just V39 roms but:

1. NetBSD sometimes hangs when booting: the last message seen is about
   allocating bounce buffers. It also hangs when booting ADOS and can only
   be solved by booting with no startup, then reset and boot again.
2. When direct booting NetBSD (not after the EGS sw has been loaded by ADOS
   it does not recoqnize the Spectrum.

btw, due to an unknown defect (??) the bus only operates in Zorro II mode.

Personally, I think his machine is goofed up and needs a big repair
and a good cpu cooler/heatsink

What do you think ?

Regards,
	Ruben