Subject: Re: NetBSD1.1 Amiga install probs
To: Manfred Matzinger <matzing@ping.at>
From: Zoltan Kocsi <zoltan@bendor.com.au>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/30/1996 11:32:22
On 29 Dec 1996, Manfred Matzinger wrote:

> I like to install NetBSD1.1 from the "Gateway! Vol. 2" CD to my Syquest 270S of
> my A1200 with Blizzard 1230II (68030/50, 68882/50, SCSI-Kit).
>
> All partitions are set up correctly and I can mount AmigaDOS and my CD-ROM, but
> I'm unable to decrunch the main program sets (e.g. base11.??), which are
> included in form of gzip-tar archives.
>
> I tried different methods:
>
> 1) Booting from CD: The boot script does not set up my /usr partition and shows
> "can't shift that many. d is not a valid input" after asking for the location
> for the /usr partition.

I had the same problem, as far as I remember the install script on the CD
is broken. I read the script, figured what it did (or what was it supposed
to do) and after booting from the CD I did it manually (killed the script
after creating the root partition). I had to read a few man pages but at the
end it worked out quite easy.

Zoltan