Subject: Re: config options
To: Eric Delcamp <edelcamp@alienor.fr>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/19/1996 09:54:26
On Thu, 19 Dec 1996 13:47:52 +0100
 "Eric Delcamp" <edelcamp@alienor.fr> wrote:

 > - options (68020 | 68030 | 68040 | 68060). If I enable one and disable
 > others (like 68030 for example), the makefile doesn't change, except for
 > 68060. In my example, I want the CFLAGS -m68030 be passed to compiler.

These, in fact, are used.  Every "option ..." line in the config file
generates a -D... uses during the kernel build.

If you want to alter the options you pass to the compiler, use:

makeoptions	COPTS="-O2 -m68030"

 > - same problem with 68881. Why the -msoft-float flag is alway used ?

You should not remove -msoft-fload ... This is used quite specifically
to keep the compiler from emitting floting point instructions.  This
reduces the chance for floating point exception or inconsistent FPU
state while executing kernel code.  (The kernel should never use floating
point unless _explicitly_ told to do so, in assembly language.)

I'll let amiga guys answer your other questions :-)