Subject: 060 and keyboard timings (Was: Re: GVP SCSI controller and Blizzard 2060 side by syde?)
To: None <is@beverly.rhein.de>
From: Werther Pirani <werther@mbox.vol.it>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/19/1996 13:58:33
Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.rhein.de> writes:

[About using a GVP SCSI SeriesII controller and a Blizzard 2060]

> > Is this possible?  Do I need to build a different kernel?
>
> Yes. No. GENERIC should work.

Right. It does work.  Right from the very beginning! :)

> > I'm asking because so far I've been using a GVP-030 combo along
> > the GVP SCSI controller (RAM-wise), but any attempt to use the
> > other controller (i.e., the one NOT on the accelerator board) has
> > been fruitless.  Still, this was with 1.0 and 1.1 -- never tried
> > anything like that with 1.2, though.
>
> This should have worked... can you send us please the output of
> "showconfig" (on the AmigaOS side) and "dmesg" (from NetBSD)?

Chances are I was doing something wrong or just plain silly at the
time.  What really matters is that it works *NOW*. <g>

However, now I'm experiencing some problems wit the keyboard.  Every
once in a while, keys start autorepeating like thhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhis.
Never the same key, though.

I know my keyboard is quite old (late 1987) but, before looking for a
newer one, I'd like to know whether there is any fix for this.

P.S.: They keyboard works properly in AmigaDOS.

Regards,

Werther 'Mircko' Pirani

Head of Development,
A.N.G.L.E. - Amiga Net Games for Light Entertainment
WWW: http://www.iper.net/angle
--
All good design acknowledges the restrictions of the medium and uses
them to its advantage - Malcom Garret, Graphic Designer