Subject: GVP SCSI controller and Blizzard 2060 side by syde?
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Werther 'Mircko' Pirani <werther@mbox.vol.it>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/17/1996 14:47:58
   Hello, fellow NetBSD'ers!

I've actually managed to get my hands on a Blizzard 2060 board (it's
just a couple of hours away) and, since I know the on-board SCSI
controller isn't supported by 1.2, it's de-lurking time for me. <g>

I also have an old-ish GVP SCSI controller (the model with up to 8MB
16bit RAM and Quantum hard disk, mind you) and I'd like to know if
there's any chance to use this controller instead.  That is, disable
the Blizzard 2060 one and tell NetBSD to use GVP's one.

Is this possible?  Do I need to build a different kernel?

I'm asking because so far I've been using a GVP-030 combo along the
GVP SCSI controller (RAM-wise), but any attempt to use the other
controller (i.e., the one NOT on the accelerator board) has been
fruitless.  Still, this was with 1.0 and 1.1 -- never tried anything
like that with 1.2, though.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Werther 'Mircko' Pirani

Head of Development,
A.N.G.L.E. - Amiga Net Games for Light Entertainment
WWW: http://www.iper.net/angle
--
All good design acknowledges the restrictions of the medium and uses
them to its advantage - Malcom Garret, Graphic Designer