Subject: Re: Error colors for Amiga boot (fwd)
To: Oldin' McGroin <L.A.Guest@comp.brad.ac.uk>
From: Bruce Drake <bruce@synxcti.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/11/1996 11:49:45
On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, Oldin' McGroin wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Dec 1996, Bruce Drake wrote:
>
> > Subject: Error colors for Amiga boot
> >
> >  Red:        An error in ROM was detected
> >  Green:      An error in CHIP RAM was detected
> >  Blue:       An error in the custom chips was detected
> >  Yellow:     The CPU encountered an error before the system's
> >              error-trapping code (the code that calls up the
> >              Guru) was in place
>
> Are there any extra colours for 3.x?

No, this is the list for 3.x.

> If possible could you send me a complete list with extra colours for 1.3,
> 2.xx and 3.x?

2.x had a light grey shade or two, but they were only used to indicate the
progress of the boot sequence.  1.3 had all kinds of funky colors, but the
source of the information I relayed above didn't have descriptions for the
1.3 colors.  In other words, you now have all the useful information I
have available.  C= removed the fancy colors because someone thought it
didn't look "professional" enough.

> all thanks,
> Luke

You're welcome.