Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Er: Um: Things: "reboot" on A3000 ?

>> However, the RESET, which is guaranteed to be executed by our code,
>> should at least take care of the A3000 scsi problem.

our servers [two a3k's softkick'd, bsd/amiga] don't have this
problem.

>> The rekick-A3000's (with the V36 ROMs) will do a nearly cold reboot,
>> of course.

ah, the softkick sorts it.  cool ;-]

>It was mentioned that once synchronous SCSI is negoitiated on, it stays
>set until turned off.  Is it worth renegoiating drives back to async
>after reboot and drives have been flushed ?

tried that little util "SCSIPrefs" [on aminet somewhere] that allows
you to tweak the a3k-internal settings and save them back?  you get
to toggle:

Long SCSI Timeout (Seacrate mode)
Synchronous Transfer
Support multiple LUNS

and set the SCSI ID of the host adaptor.

i think our servers have everything switched off.  can't check atm,
they're too busy keeping the LAN running ;-] a mention to this util
might be handy for v-next BSD/Amiga-FAQ...

%thp. [almathera-uk lanmaster]