Re: "reboot" on A3000 ?

Okok...

as for the official way to boot:

please look at sys/arch/amiga/amiga/locore.s, line 2070 (in 1.2) and down.

Basically, we copy ourselves (if on an Amiga) to chipmem, map it, jump
there, switch MMU off, then execute the official way to reboot an
Amiga (tm).

I don't know why this wouldn't work on any Amiga, but basically, even
the official way seems to have some voodoo components...

Note that we can't call the ColdReboot() vector of exec.library (which
is the even more official way as of newer ROM version) because we
destructed all of execbase... So we MIGHT have a problem.

However, the RESET, which is guaranteed to be executed by our code,
should at least take care of the A3000 scsi problem.

The rekick-A3000's (with the V36 ROMs) will do a nearly cold reboot,
of course.

Regards,
        Ignatios