Subject: Re: "reboot" on A3000 ?
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Kevin P. Neal <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/03/1996 10:59:29
At 01:47 PM 12/2/96 +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
>Generally:
>
>the "yellow screen" is created by the early exception vectors, which
>are installed before the graphics system is installed.
>
>After that, they are replaced by the Guru vector.

Put another way, it's an exception that strikes before the exception handling
code is in place.

>This symptom can be created by e.g., nearly every hardware error, including:
>
>- bad contacts (or bad chips) in the FastMem (hit me once)

Hmmm, everything works fine (except that D*** 25-pin SCSI) with my RAM.
The only place I have a problem is when rebooting from NetBSD, and the
Cntl-A-A fixes it.

>- you forget to reinsert the daugtherboard (with the Zorro termination
>resistors) when testing

Heh, I got bit by that one myself.

>Sync problems should not create yellow screens, IMO, but well, who knows.

Perhaps if the hardware was left in a weird state, that the boot roms can't
handle? I'm still using the Developer roms (kickstart roms).
--
XCOMM Kevin P. Neal, Sophomore, Comp. Sci. -   kpneal@pobox.com
XCOMM     http://www.pobox.com/~kpn/       -   kpneal@eos.ncsu.edu