Subject: Re: "reboot" on A3000 ?
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: George Harvey <fr30@dial.pipex.com@am061.du.pipex.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 12/01/1996 14:51:20
On Dec 1, Darren Reed wrote:

>In the ongoing saga of me trying to make NetBSD work nicely on my A3000, I
>have one last niggling problem.  If I do a "reboot" from NetBSD (or any of
>the commands similar in nature), NetBSD syncs disks, goes to reboot but the
>box doesn't come back up: it freezes with the yellow-orange disk light on
>and goes no further.  First, is this fixed in 1.2, and second, why does it
>happen ?
>
>Darren

Interesting, Do you by any chance have an accelerator card?

I run NetBSD 1.2 on a 3000T and I used to use 'reboot' to return to
AmigaDOS with no problems. I recently upgraded with a CyberStorm-II
68040 card and now 'reboot' shuts everything down correctly and then
the machine just stops with a blank black screen. I usually use the
reset key to re-boot after this happens. Everything else works fine
with the CS-II card so I am not too bothered about it but I would
also be interested in knowing why it happens.

    George Harvey                   | Amiga A3000T, Picasso-II,
    email: fr30@dial.pipex.com      | MFC-III, CyberStorm-II 040