Re: X speed?

On Fri, 25 Oct 1996, Bo Najdrovsky wrote:

> I'm just wondering... is it just me, or is the new X11R6.1 XAmiga server
> slower in the cirrus logic mode than the old Xcl was?

This may be, because I had to integrate the cirrus sources (which patched
the original sources rather than implementing a driver) in our "don't
touch the original X11 sources if possible" scheme without actally having
a cirrus board. In the beta phase, some people told me it would work ok,
but obviously they didn' test everything.
If you tell me what exactly is slower the chance would be higher that I
find the corresponding routines. An x11perf with the old and the new
server would be nice.

> Is the  new server fully using the blitter?

What do you mean by "fully"? It uses it.

 Also, what are the changes of seeing the source
> released any time soon?

99.99 %. (0.01% Chance that all disks with the sources crash
simultanously;-))

BTW it would be nice to have someone with a cirrus board to take over
the support for these chips. Anyone?

--
Michael Teske (teske%wotan.desy.de@localhost)