Subject: Re: mtools
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Nick Ellson <grimm@teleport.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/25/1996 07:12:12
Hi Ignatios

> Hope you did unmount them before taking them out.

Um.. er.. I have to do that??? Hmmm. I was not aware of it, but I suppose
it would make sense actually. The drive itself doesn't mount, as i
couldn't mount the drive with no disk in it. Well whad'ya know.. Thanks, I
will try that.

> mount -t msdos /dev/fd0b /mnt

Hmmm, I didn't try it with just mount, I used the /sbin/mount_msdos, but I
never actually looked at that file, it is probably just a shell script
with that line in it? ;)

>    mount_iso9660 /dev/cd0c /mnt/cdrom
>
> mount_cd9660, last i looked, and you need to give the -r option
> (read-only), as you never will manage to mount a cdrom read/write.

Oh, right is was cd9660, it is hard to remember from going back to the
Amiga side to do internet mail.

> Or mount -r -t cd9660 /dev/cd0a /mnt

Ok, thank you, I will give this line a try.

I am curious, are there documents that describe the things I am asking
about? I feel like I am missing a FAQ somewhere and wind up asking too
many basic questions. Mainly just having a hard time trying to figure out
where the Amiga port of NetBSD differs from any other port, or from BSD
4.3.  For example, what would I need to know about the port for the Amiga
to try and find programs to run that may not have been ported specifically
to the Amiga's 68K side? (like the ones found in the /contrib directory of
the netbsd ftp sites?? Now that I have NetBSD up and running, I would like
to see what it can do. Any one have any input? And I really do appologize
if I seem to have missed an important FAQ somewhere that speaks to this.
:I

Thank you so much for your help Ignatios.

Nick :)