Subject: Re: ppp with chat (was: printing)
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nickolas Ray Ellson <grimm@teleport.com>
List: port-amiga
Date: 10/24/1996 18:10:04
Hi Joern,

> make a file "/etc/ppp/options", containing about this stuff:
>
> connect 'chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat.script'
> defaultroute
> netmask <netmask>
> noipdefault
> passive
> domain <domain>

It worked. My options file looks like

/dev/ttym0 38400 crtscts passive defaultroute
connect 'chat -v -f /etc/ppp/chat.script'

And the chatscript

> '' ATZ OK ATM0 OK ATDT<phonenumber> ogin: <account> assword: <passwd> scend ppp

'' ATZ OK ATDT<phonenumber> ogin: <account> assword: <passwd>

The 'scend ppp' I didn't need, the acount is ONLY ppp :)

I connect with just

# pppd

> That's probably it. Please let me know if and how it works.

Worked great, thanks :)

|                        | Burke's Law of inanimate reproduction:             |
|      Nick Ellson       |                                                    |
|                        | "If you take something apart enough times,         |
|   grimm@teleport.com   |  eventually you will have two of them."            |
|   PGP Key Available    |  Home Page        http://www.teleport.com/~grimm/  |