Subject: NetBSD VM crashing with 16M, NOT with 14.5M!
To: None <port-amiga@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chun Tham <ctham@acs.ucalgary.ca>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/20/1996 08:49:27
Hi there everyone...  I left a note a little while back describing a
problem with my A2000/GVP-040/16M hanging with the SCSI light continuously
on while swapping.  I've since found that using "gobsd MEMLIMIT=xxxx"
where the xxxx is setting the memory to 14.5M makes the system as stable
as rock!

Everytime I go beyond the 14.5M limit to 15->16M the system becomes very
flaky when swapping again...  I've found this a problem in 1.1 and now 1.2
of NetBSD.  Is the VM subsystem running out of table space and memory is
getting trashed or something!?  Are there any config items / #include file
changes I can play around with and recompile with that could make a
difference?

Regards,
Joe Tham

PS: I know it's not a RAM problem since memory tests from AmigaDOS is
fine...

Dept. of Psychiatry
University of Calgary
Calgary, Alberta, Canada