Subject: Re: Mounting BB partitions on NetBSD
To: None <bruce@zuhause.mn.org>
From: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@beverly.rhein.de>
List: port-amiga
Date: 09/17/1996 08:50:10
Hi Bruce,

> I have a Bridgeboard, and I've got an MSDOS partition on one of my
> Amiga drives using the Janus Tools replacement so that the C: drive i=
> really a partition.  I can read the partition with CrossDOS on the
> AmigaDOS side.  Is there any way to get it recognized on NetBSD?

IF IT IS A TRUE MSDOS PARTITION:

Yes. With the disklabel(8) program, find out how it is called by NetBSD
(look for the cylinder numbers).

Then

mount -t msdos /dev/sdNY /the/msdos/partition

where:

- N ist the disk number NetBSD assigns to your disk, (normally 0 if
you only have one SCSI/IDE drive)

- Y is the partition letter yous see with disklabel

- /the/msdos/partition is a directory you created for this purpose.

Be aware that the proper kernel support must be compiled in:

options MSDOSFS

i think.

Regards,
=09Ignatios Souvatzis